We are astronomers
Recommended for the whole family.
Have you ever wondered what it is astronomers do?
The world of astronomers has changed. Today it is rare to find an astronomer sitting alone in the dark, looking through a telescope. Astronomers of today used ground-based and space-based telescopes, supercomputers, simulations and advanced data-analysis to study our universe.
Together they create global networks of researchers working together on large project aimed at answering the biggest questions of our time.
This is a show if you are curious about...
- How astronomers (at Lund University for example) work.
- More about modern telescopes, both ground-based and space-based.
- More about coming projects such as the James Webb telescope.
- How astronomers get data from remote telescopes.
- How astronomers collect their data in enormous data archives.
- How astronomers must observe light in different wavelength in order to discover different things.
- How the public can contribute to astronomical research.
- How astronomers use particle detectors to understand the beginning of the Universe.
This show is suitable for:
Through collaboration with planetariums around the world we are able to offer this show in Swedish and English.
We are astronomers. YouTube video.
The Planetarium is a collaboration between The Faculty of Science, Department of Astronomy and Theoretical Physics and The Faculty of Engineering LTH.