Dive into a tropical ocean and see thousands of colorful fish flutter by.
Travel the globe to explore coral reefs teeming with life and learn how scientists are racing to develop sustainable solutions to protect these vitally important ecosystems for the future.
Along the way, discover how corals live, breathe, and reproduce, supporting a quarter of all marine life on Earth and providing critical benefits to human communities in our ever-changing world.
This is a show if you are curious about...
- How it feels to dive down into tropical oceans.
- What corals are and who lives in the reefs.
- How global warming is affecting reefs.
- Where reefs can be found.
- More about different types of reefs.
- Why choral reefs are important.
- How scientists study reefs and what they discover.
- How choral reefs live and grow.
This show is suitable for:
- Teens and adults
Through collaboration with planetariums around the world we are able to offer this show in Swedish and English.
Expedition Reef. YouTube video.
The Planetarium is a collaboration between The Faculty of Science, Lund Observatory, the Department of Physics and the Faculty of Engineering LTH.